The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter


Sunday, September 09, 2007

Jason the wonder-kid...

We just bought Jason a new bed. It looks like a blue sports car, and has no rails—he can get up out of bed now, and that creates new risks, and new opportunities. I punish him (a little) for sneaking around at night, but this morning he did something pretty wild. God, I love that kid.

At night, he sleeps in a diaper, even though during the day we have him in underwear. Well, he woke up wet, got out of bed…and changed himself. Took off his diaper, put on a new one, and threw the old one away! Kid cracks me up.
##
I finished my first 4X7 cycle using a Density technique for Bruiser Gama Casts. Got up to 10 reps per set, from an initial volume of 5 reps per set. Did yoga Saturday, and felt serious toxins wringing out of the old body. THEN I realized that I was at the end of the 4X7, and that it was appropriate to feel a bit trashed…especially since I felt strong as hell in my last workout. Now, four days of recover, and begin my next cycle on Thursday. It will be interesting to see how far I progress this time. I’m really going to take it slowly, though…
##
A dear friend who was sexually active at 13 with grown men has chimed in on the issue of my old training buddy, whom we’ll call “Wally” right now. Her judgment is that I should wipe the slate clean—not hold his past against him, but also consider that my “friendship” bank has been emptied. She spoke with great clarity about her position. And I trust her judgment: she knows how hard it is to climb out the emotional hole she dug for herself. One of the men who abused her was another old friend of mine, and when I found out, it permanently damaged my ability to look him in the face. Wow. When I look at some of the wounds around me, it really makes me wonder about myself. Clearly, my associations mirror my own core. I can’t point the finger. But I can continue to clarify and refine my relationships…and continue to heal my own rips.
##
I’m thinking about getting a “Life Coaching” credential. Sounds like an interesting framework to make some money doing what I ordinarily do for free. Does anyone out there have experience with the iPEC coaching organization? Or any of the others? I would LOVE to speak to someone who has dealt with these folks. Right now, they look like the best of the bunch, but if anyone has contrary data, I’d appreciate hearing it.

2 comments:

D Luke Iorio said...

Steven,

Just ran across your blog. I'm with iPEC Coaching. If you're still looking to learn more, contact me through our website at www.iPECcoaching.com or learn more about our approach to coaching (and life for that matter) through our blog at http://humanpotential.typepad.com.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
Luke Iorio
Vice President, iPEC

Anonymous said...

nyhms warcraft guides -
pappa pc -
pc booster -
pc optimizer pro -
pc secret formula -
pda flix -
privacy control -
publicrecordspro -
public records pro -
push button ecover -
reg defense -
reg genie -
registry easy -
registry genius -
registry smart -
registry winner -
registry winner download -
reverse mobile -
richard mackenzie direct -
rocket japanese -
rotator cuff training -
save my marriage today -
secrets book -
silent sales machine -
silver lotto -
spyware cease -
super affiliate handbook -
the 11 forgotten laws -
thebadbreathreport -
the bad breath report -
thedietsolutionprogram -
the diet solution program -
the power pause -
tmj help -