The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter


Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Pacifier (2005)

A confession: I like Vin Diesel.  So when I saw the coming attractions for "Pacifier" I was cautiously optimistic.  this family-friendly Disney entry looked like a canny career move for the big guy.  the story is pure "Kindergarten Cop"--a tough guy learns to open his heart while on an assignment protecting a family of kids.  The early reviews were bad, but I went anyway, and had a perfectly fine time at the movies.  There are poopie jokes, Ninjas, villainous boy scouts, SUV chases, a mild romance, and an attack duck.  I had a big smile on my face during much of it, and laughed out loud repeatedly.  Heck, I'll see it again on DVD.  A "B."

1 comment:

hcg said...

Hey, Really great work, I would like to join your blog anyway so please continue sharing with us,